Inspired by our Super Naturals Kombucha & Turmeric Detoxifying Clay Mask, feed and nurture your soul with this delicious Raw Turmeric Cauliflower Rice Sushi recipe. A delicious and light dish to enjoy for yourself or with friends.
RAW TURMERIC CAULIFLOWER RICE SUSHI
These grain-free sushi nori rolls are a delicious and fulfilling nutritional powerhouse. Combining the benefits of seaweed, turmeric and raw vegetable with a delicious grainfree Cauliflower rice alternative, these sushi are a very fulfilling snack or entrée.
Turmeric is an ancient superfood which has several potent health benefits. Its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antioxidant rich properties all support optimal living and help to revive the skin, bringing out a natural glow.
- 250g cauliflower, chopped into small florets (8.82 oz)
- 150g daikon, peeled and roughly chopped (5.3 oz)
- 30ml rice wine vinegar (1.01 fl oz)
- 20g fresh turmeric, peeled and grated (0.71 oz)
- 10g sesame seeds (0.4 oz)
- 2g porcini powder (0.07 oz)
- 5g nori sheets, finely chopped (0.18 oz)
- 2g chili powder (0.07 oz)
- 3g onion powder (0.11 oz)
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon sugar
- 50g aquafaba (the liquid from a jar of chickpeas) (1.76 oz)
- 25g whole chickpeas (0.88 oz)
- 20g dijon mustard (0.71 oz)
- 10ml apple cider vinegar (0.34 oz)
- 10g tamari (0.35 oz)
- 10g grated ginger (0.35 oz)
- 1 teaspoon cane sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 130ml olive oil (4.4 fl oz)
- nori sheets
- cabbage sprouts
- 1 carrot, sliced finely
- 1 cucumber, sliced finely
- Make the rice by pulsing the cauliflower florets and the daikon radish a handful at a time in a food processor until it becomes a similar size to rice. Do not pulse all at once and ensure the vegetables are dry before doing so. Squeeze and transfer the pulsed vegetables to a bowl and add the rice wine vinegar, fresh turmeric and salt. Toss to combine well. Set aside.
- To create the seasoning, add the ingredients to a small food processor and pulse a couple of times to create a coarse powder. Set aside.
- For the mayonnaise place all ingredients, except the olive oil, in a tall jug and pulse with a hand-held immersion blender until smooth. Then stream in the olive oil slowly to emulsify. The mayo will thicken further upon refrigeration.
- To assemble the sushi rolls, cut the nori sheets in half to create long rectangular pieces. Place a teaspoon of mayonnaise in the bottom left corner of the nori and top with a portion of the cauliflower rice and a generous sprinkle of seasoning. Garnish with a few slices of carrot, cucumber and sprouts.
- To roll the sushi, moisten the edges of the nori sheet with a dab of water from your little finger then roll tightly into a cone shape. It may take one or two attempts until you get the hang of it. Serve immediately.
This recipe is inspired by our certified organic Super Naturals Kombucha & Turmeric Detoxifying Clay mask. A mask aimed to nourish the skin, effectively cleanse pores of their toxins, while brightening the complexion.
This beautiful recipe was designed in collaboration with Benjamin & Anne Marie from La Pachamama Organic.
Based within the Spanish hillside of Andalucía, both Benjamin and Anne Marie are passionate about growing and creating 100% organic plant-based whole food recipes which work in harmony with Mother Nature. Shortly after Anne-Marie’s first trip to Peru and Bolivia in 2008, Pachamama Catering was born. The name originates in honour of ‘Pachamama’ the goddess referred to by the indigenous people of the Andes – She is an “Earth Mother” type goddess that gives us life, feeds us and presents natural abundance upon us.
For more delicious vegan recipes from La Pachamama, discover their cook book here https://www.pachamamaorganic.eu/buy-the-cookbook/